Saturday, April 14, 2012

Post 3 of the Christmas Quiltalong April 14

Welcome back to the Christmas Quiltalong for April. I'm Lesley, the hostess with the mostest most fabric, giggle... This is my third post today, so if you're just tuning in, be sure you read the earlier posts.  Quilt Sue has given us an awesome Quiltalong!






I've had so much fun today touching base with you all. Your comments are keeping me in smiles all day long...and yes, I ate way too many cinnamon rolls! 


Just a reminder about the Christmas fabric GIVEAWAY.  If you haven't already entered, go to my first post of the day by clicking here, leave a comment on that post, and you will qualify to win some gorgeous Christmas fat quarters. Only one comment per person please. Two winners will be chosen. If you're a Blogger and are participating, make sure you link up with the Linky Tool, also available on my first post of the day.  Please visit these quilters through their Linky links!  You will find it amazing and inspiring to visit them all! 


Back to business. I love these hourglasses! I'm right on track with the Festive Mystery instructions and getting lots of hourglasses done.  I opened up the units like Quilt Sue said to do in her instructions and I pressed the seams in one direction and started trimming. 


I have lots of rulers for trimming, but this one you see below by Creative Grids, the non-slip 6.5 x 6.5 ruler, is a recent purchase and I don't know how I got along without it.  It's another one of my must-have gadgets!  I think they're easy to find, but for our UK friends (like Miss Quilt Sue and friends) I have linked up where it can be purchased here. And it happens to be on sale in the UK. A great coincidence! 


Lynne Edwards, quilter, author, and designer of some of these creative rulers for the company, is actually coming to our part of the world (Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada!) on April 28.  She will be a guest speaker at the Ocean Waves Quilt Society which will be meeting in Sydney, Cape Breton and will be doing some regional workshops around the island on the days following.  Can't wait for that! 


What was I saying?  Oh yes...the ruler and squaring up...




I have lots of little hour glasses to square up so I better get to it.


If you want some more Christmas inspiration from the web, just google images for Christmas Quilts or click here.  You'll be singing and dancing in your sewing rooms! 

See you in awhile when I have some more to show you! It's always a great day for quilting! 

6 comments:

  1. This is a great tutorial Lesley! Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a gadget collector, BUT I do want that ruler! I have one ruler and it is the Creative Grids 8 1/2 by 18 1/2 inch one - a bit unwieldy for trimming these little hourglasses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a ruler that size, and love it. It is probably the one I use most, followed by the 12 1/2" square.

    Thanks for the link to the Christmas quilts, there are some beautiful ones there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stepped out for a bit - it is a nice day today and I wanted to enjoy some of the warmth. I have this ruler - the most used and the most replaced as I tend to 'shave' the corners over time and then they are not true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really nice Christmas fabric! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love creative grids rulers, my fave for sure! And you are going to LOVE Lynne Edwards, she's a great speaker, very funny and down to earth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!